Everything you need to know to get started with OpenEnvoy.
Welcome to OpenEnvoy! This article includes everything you need to know to get started.
1. Choose the right plan
We offer three pricing plans: Professional, Pro Plus, and Enterprise. Click here to learn more about our subscription plans and pricing, and when you're ready to purchase, visit our pricing page to get a quote and complete your purchase.
2. Sign up
Follows these steps to sign up. If you're the one purchasing OpenEnvoy you'll be required to provide billing information. Each registrant is required to set up two-factor authentication, which is used to log in.
3. Audit invoices
In order to audit an invoice, you must create a job. The following steps walk you through how to manually create, update, and view a job. To learn how to accomplish this through our advanced features, including bulk upload, email forwarding, and integrations (Enterprise only), click here.
- Create a job - After sign up, you will be prompted to create a job. This step is required to audit an invoice and to unlock all of OpenEnvoy's features, including your Dashboard and Supplier Scorecards (Pro Plus and Enterprise plans only). Follow these steps to create your first job. If you skipped this step previously, or need help creating your next job, follow these steps.
- Update a job - After you post a job you may need to add additional baseline documents or update an invoice or baseline. For example, when a conflict is identified during the matching process, you may need to upload a new invoice or baseline document to correct the issue. In other cases, you may not have all of the baseline documents you need when you create a job and will need to add more once you receive them from your supplier. OpenEnvoy saves a copy and complete version history for every document you upload.
- View a job's status - The Jobs page is where you can view all jobs and their current status. There are multiple filters on the Jobs page. There are four job statuses: Matching, Conflict, Dispute, and Completed. Matching indicates that a job is currently being matched, Conflict indicates that a job did not match and requires attention, Dispute indicates that a job with a conflict is in the process of being resolved, and Completed indicates that a job has either matched or been marked complete.
- Use filters and search to find jobs - There are multiple ways you can find a specific job or group of jobs. On the Jobs page, by default, you're shown all active jobs. You can also filter to see all completed jobs and the activity log, which shows all activity associated with your account. Each view has subfilters and search, which you can use to identify specific jobs.
- View a job's details - From the Jobs page, simply click on a job to view its details. The Job details page contains myriad features and functionality. Here you will view critical information about a job, including the invoice and baseline documents, the job status and activity, and the matching results. You will also update and add documents, identify and resolve conflicts, and mark jobs as complete from this page.
4. Identify and resolve conflicts
When a conflict is identified during the matching process a job's status is changed to Conflict. The next step is to review the matching results to determine the next steps. The Results tab on the Job details page will show the conflicts. From here, you can decide to proceed to the Dispute stage or to Mark complete. Click here to learn how to identify and resolve conflicts.
5. Mark jobs as complete
Once a conflict has been identified, there are multiple options for marking a job as complete. You can choose to go through Dispute, from which you can indicate how much you recovered and mark the job as complete, or you can skip the dispute process and Mark complete. Whichever path you choose, we recommend writing detailed notes to inform your team or future auditors why you took the step you did and the outcome. Click here to learn how to mark a job as complete.
6. View your Dashboard
By default, the first page you see when you log in is the Dashboard. Here you will find useful insights including, the number and amount of invoices processed, invoice accuracy, recovered amounts, and more. If you are a Pro Plus or Enterprise subscriber you will also see Supplier Scorecards. Click here to learn more about the Dashboard.
7. Manage your account
Here's a list of helpful resources for managing your account.
- Notifications & notification settings - You can configure when and how you're notified about jobs, including via SMS and email. You can also view all notifications for your account.
- Add and remove users and assign permissions - If you're an account admin you can easily add and remove users to your account and assign permissions.
- Reset and change your password - If you have forgotten your password, you can click the forgot my password on the login page and a link will be sent to your email to reset your password. You can also change your password from your user profile. You need to input your current password to change it to a new one.
- Two-factor authentication - Two-factor authentication is required to register and log-in and provides an added layer of security. Pair your device through a QR code and enter the OpenEnvoy code. In the event you’re unable to access your password authenticator, you can use a recovery code to log in.
- Recovery codes - These are one-time use passcodes you can use in the event you're unable to access your password manager. You can view, download, and generate new recovery codes within your OpenEnvoy account. Generating new recovery codes will deactivate your old ones.
8. Update your billing information and subscription
You can view and update your billing information or subscription at any time. Follow these steps to update your billing information, upgrade or change your subscription, or to cancel your subscription.
9. Advanced features
- Email forwarding - Email forwarding is available for all subscriptions. This feature enables you to forward emails from your suppliers that contain invoices and baseline documents. Please contact your customer success manager for instructions on how to get set up.
- Bulk Uploads - Bulk uploads can be enabled for your account to audit past invoices rather than uploading them manually. Please contact your customer success manager for instructions on how to get set up.
- Integrations - We support integrations with most major ERP and TMS systems. Integrations are only available to Enterprise customers. If you'd like more information about how to add integrations to your subscription, contact our sales team.
Questions? Concerns? Can’t find what you’re looking for? Please contact customer support.